Brigham City Council Elections
Check this site frequently for important
election dates and information
ELECTION FILING PERIOD - The filing period for the Brigham City November election is June 3-7. This year the Mayor position and two four-year term councilmember positions are up for election. Each person seeking to become a candidate for office must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the City Recorder at 20 North Main. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There is no filing fee. No applications can be received after 5:00 p.m. on June 7.
Qualifications for a candidate are:
1. Be a United States citizen.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Be a resident of the municipality for at least 365 consecutive days immediately preceding the date of the election.
4. Be a registered voter of Brigham City.
5. Cannot be a convicted felon.
Any questions should be directed to Mary Kate Christensen, 734-6621.
PRIMARY ELECTION DAY - AUGUST 13
GENERAL ELECTION DAY - NOVEMBER 5
BOTH ELECTIONS WILL BE HELD AT THE USU EXTENSION AT 195 WEST 1100 SOUTH FROM 7:00 AM TO 8:00 PM.