Dear Brigham City Resident:
Brigham City Council has approved the attached resolution on approved fire restrictions. Effective July 1 the resolution outlines Prohibited Acts, Area Description and Exempted Individuals. Resolution No. 15-17 is partially outlined below:
1. Prohibited Acts. The following acts are prohibited on all private and City owned lands in the “Area Description” set forth herein:
- Setting, building, maintain, attending, or using open fires of any kind, except campfires built within the facilities provided for them in approved campgrounds, picnic areas, or permanently improved places of habitation.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or in an area at least three (3) feet in diameter that is barren or cleared to mineral soils.
- Discharging, or using any kind of fireworks or tracer ammunition or other pyrotechnic devices.
- Operating a chainsaw without spark arresters, operating motorized equipment for any purpose.
- Operating any motorized vehicle off designed roads or trails.
- Blasting, welding, or any other activities which generate flames or flammable materials.
2. Area Description:
- See attached map of the restricted areas attached as Exhibit “A”
- See back of order to description of restrictions attached as Exhibit “B”
3. Exempted Individuals. The following individuals are exempted from the provisions of this fire restriction order:
- Any individual with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act issued by the Brigham City Fire Chief or Fire Marshal.
- Any Federal, State, County or City law enforcement officer or firefighting personnel engaged in the lawful performance of their official duties.
Please take a moment to read the resolution in its entirety. Questions or comments may be referred to Chief Joseph Bach, Brigham City Fire Department, by dialing 435-226-1405.
Download Fire Restrictions Order with Map