Questions - Please contact: Public Works Administrative Offices
CITY PRIDE CLEAN UP: APRIL 26 – MAY 4, 2014
In keeping with our City’s brand, “Beautiful Brigham City”, Mayor Tyler M. Vincent and the City Council are offering a City Pride Cleanup Project. This project allows City residents to dispose of items that may be too large to put in their residential containers. Items include refrigerators, metal, furniture, debris, tires, etc. NO COMMERICAL DUMPING WILL BE ALLOWED.
Brigham City Corporation, Box Elder County Landfill, Auto Zone, Jiffy Lube, and O’Reilly Auto Parts have all joined together in a cooperative effort during the cleanup. Auto Zone, Jiffy Lube, and O’Reilly Auto Parts will accept used oil less than 5 gallons which contain no contaminants.
Large semi sized containers will be located at the FORMER COMPOST/GREENWASTE FACILITY LOCATED AT 1650 W. FOREST STREET from APRIL 26 – MAY 4, 2014.
The following items will not be accepted at the above location:
- No household garbage will be accepted which includes garbage typically generated from the household and placed into the City’s black garbage can at your home.
- Tires & Batteries must be delivered to the Brigham City Public Works Complex at 980 W. Forest Street during business hours (7:30am-3:30pm). Only 4 tires will be accepted and you must have a current Brigham City utility bill.
- Green Waste: Grass clippings, tree branches must be delivered to the Compost/Green Waste Facility located at 820 N. Watery Lane.
- Cardboard/Plastic: These items must be delivered to the Compost/Green Waste Facility located at 820 N. Watery Lane.
- Used Oil: 5 gallons or less of uncontaminated oil may be taken to Auto Zone, Jiffy Lube, or O’Reilly Auto Parts.
- Paint: Old paint may be placed in the dumpsters as long as the paint is dry. To dry the paint you can fill a paper box or box with kitty litter, sand or saw dust. Pour the remaining paint over the absorbent material. Allow to dry completely in a well-ventilated area away from children, pets, and direct heat. Dispose of the solid in the regular trash.
Please be prepared to show your Utah Driver’s License OR a current Brigham City Utility Bill to verify Brigham City residency. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to improve your homes & neighborhoods!