Travel Destinations & Activities | Monthly Activity Calendar
The Senior Center is bustling with activity. There is no membership fee to participate at the Center. Most activities are free of charge. Some classes require a small investment, or-pay-as-you-go basis. Hours of operation M-F 7:30-3:00; 3:00-5:00 by appointment only.
- Lunch is served in the Hall M-F from 12-1. Please make lunch & To Go reservations one day in advance by calling 435-226-1450, especially on those days when lunch is sponsored by Myers Mortuary and Gillies Funeral Chapel Dollar Days. The suggested donation per meal for age 60> is $2.75; for those
- The Library is open M-F from 8-3. There is no time limit on borrowing a book but we ask for a limit of 3 at a time.
- The Pool Room is open M-F from 8-3. Guys and gals alike are invited to play. There are two pool tables and a Ping Pong table should you like a diversion from pool. Dues are $2.00 per month.
- We have three Spanish Classes offered during the week. Advanced Spanish is held on Mondays at 10:00 a.m. Beginning Spanish is held on Mondays at 1:00 p.m. Intermediate Spanish is held on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. Textbooks can be ordered for Beginning and Intermediate Spanish as needed. Instructors are retired Spanish teachers from the local school district. No charge for the class. (Not offered in August.)
- Bunka is Japanese punch needlework and is used to create pictures of your choice suitable for framing. The class is held on Mondays at 9:00 a.m. in the craft room. Raeko Yagi is the leader of the class. Materials for the projects of your choice can be ordered. Cost of materials.
- Line Dancing is held on M/W at 1:30 p.m. Join the group for an excellent cardio exercise. There is no charge for this class.
- Yoga is held Tues at 3:30 p.m. in the pool room located in the basement. The class is designed for seniors. Chairs may be used if you are unable to use a mat. (Yoga will not be offered during August)
- The Bridge/Pinochle Club meets on Thursdays in the lounge at 10:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. The club does have membership fees.
- Oil Painting is held in the craft room on Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. Students supply their own materials. Colleen Bradford, local artist, supervises the class and offers individual instruction as needed. There is no charge for this class.
- Sit & Be Fit is held on Wednesday and Friday at 10:00 a.m. This is a low impact cardio class designed for seniors. Marilyn Peterson is the instructor. There is no charge for this class.
- The Silver Chimers meet on Fridays at 1:00 p.m. at Gillispie Hall at the Presbyterian church. No musical experience is required to learn to play the chimes. Cathy Olds is the instructor. No charge for the class.
- Computer classes are held as scheduled. We have instructors to meet your needs. Learn how to use the Internet, Facebook, etc. No charge for the class. Contact Nancy to enroll.
For Telephone Reassurance, Friendly Visitor, Information and Referrals, please call (435)226-1455.
Need a ride? Call (435)226-1456 for information and to arrange transportation M-W-F, 9-3. Medical appointments take priority.